Visitor and Retail Services Representative (Casual)
Two Rivers Gallery, a vital centre for art, culture and community in the region, is seeking a friendly and organized individual to fill the casual position of Visitor and Retail Services Representative. As a member of our close-knit team, the VRSR will be the front-line contact for visitors that come to the Gallery and Two Rivers Shop. Working in a creative environment the successful candidate will show initiative and excellent customer-service skills.
Role: Reporting to the Visitor and Retail Services Manager, the Visitor and Retail Services Representative coordinates Two Rivers Gallery front desk duties.
Hours: This position is casual and can vary between 5-19 hours a week. Shifts will be mainly on Thursday nights, Saturdays and Sundays. Occasional shifts are available for outreach, events and rentals. Mandatory staff meetings are held once a month. Additional hours may be available for candidates interested in training which could lead to facilitating children’s art programs and birthday parties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Public Programs Department, responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing for visitors by opening the Gallery and Shop
- Presenting a welcoming and friendly face for the customers that come into the gallery
- Ensuring a high level of customer service
- Greeting/ interacting with customers and assisting them with their needs
- Answering the phone, directing calls, taking messages and handling inquiries
- Acquiring a thorough knowledge of current exhibitions, programming information, Shop merchandise and artisans
- Relay information to the public over the phone, face to face and by email
- Orientating visitors to the facility
- Taking registrations for public programs offered at the gallery; maintaining registration records and customer relationship database
- Processing sales for the Gallery and Shop including admissions, memberships and events
- Maintaining records of daily statistics required for Association record keeping
- Maintaining statistical records for members, donors and volunteers on a monthly basis
- Monitoring activity in the Gallery and security of Shop during shifts
- Cashing out POS system, locking up and securing the Gallery at closing time
- Maintaining an organized display of informational/ promotional materials at the front desk and merchandise in the Shop
- Keeping the front desk and Shop well organized and clean
- Assisting the Managing Director and Public Programs Department with clerical duties and special projects
- Other duties, as required
- Valid drivers licence and access to a reliable vehicle
- Serving it Right certificate
- First Aid training
- Experience in a visitor services or reception capacity
- Computer literacy in relevant point of sale, spreadsheet and word processing systems
- Visitor and Retail Services wage: $13.21 / hour
- Children’s Programs and Birthday Facilitation wage: $15.85 / hour
- Teamwork and creativity
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Friendly and positive attitude and the ability to interact in a high professional manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with others and independently
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Knowledge of and/or interest in visual art
Apply: Applicants must submit a detailed cover letter, resume and contact information for three references by May 15, 2018 to Olivia Beck at email@example.com.
We appreciate all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.