Become a vital part of the Two Rivers team!
Meet new and interesting friends, contribute to your community and become a vital part of Two Rivers Gallery!
Learning & Engagement Assistant (Part-Time Contract)
Two Rivers Gallery is looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual to work 12 hours per week from January 2023 to June 2023 as part of a collaborative and community-focused Learning & Engagement team, with possibility for renewal. Reporting to the Learning and Engagement Manager, the Learning & Engagement Assistant plays a meaningful role in connecting the public to experiential and educational learning opportunities.
Under the direction of the Senior Programmer, responsibilities include:
- Delivering Creative Space Sundays, a family-friendly drop-in program every Sunday 1-4pm;
- Working with the Learning & Engagement team to assist in delivering Art Exploration art activities to classes at local schools or on-site;
- Working with the Learning & Engagement team to assist in delivery of additional in-person programs such as gallery tours and Home School Tuesdays and Pro-D Creativity Camps;
- Working with the Learning & Engagement team to assist with general upkeep of Studio spaces;
- Working as part of the gallery team – participate in staff meetings, training and engagement when possible;
- Working with our Visitor Experience team to assist representative staff;
- Comprehensive training on our front desk and occasionally assisting our visitor service team;
- Other duties as required.
- Student working toward diploma or degree in art or education, or equivalent practical experience in education and/ or public programming
- Experience working with children
- An understanding of Indigenous ways of knowing is an asset
- Ability to work Sundays and 8 hours per week (flexible schedule)
- Curiosity for art history, social activation, and interactive approaches to community outreach and engagement that help art come alive for new audiences
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work closely with others
- Valid driver’s license an asset
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs occasionally
- Proficiency in common communication tools and digital platforms (MS Office, Google Suite, Zoom, etc.)
This position will be compensated at $18/ hour plus 4% vacation pay.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Sofia Comas, Learning and Engagement Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Learning & Engagement Assistant by Friday, January 6, 2023.
Two Rivers Gallery extends a commitment to equity and recognizes that structural inequalities create significant barriers to equal opportunity employment. We strongly encourage applications from equity-seeking communities, from individuals who are gender diverse, 2SLGBTQIA+, Indigenous, Black, People of Colour, D/deaf, and persons with disabilities.
We thank all interested applicants, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held the week beginning January 9th, 2023.