Become a vital part of the Two Rivers team!
Meet new and interesting friends, contribute to your community and become a vital part of Two Rivers Gallery!
Visitor Experience Representative (Part Time)
Two Rivers Gallery is hiring a Visitor Experience Representative to assist with administration, and customer service at the shop and front desk. This front-line position provides customer service to gallery and shop visitors, assists with administrative tasks, supports set up and take down for events and rentals and assists with packing art kits for Learning & Engagement programs as required. Reporting directly to the Visitor Experience & Membership Manager, the Visitor Experience Representative acts as the first point of contact for a range of visitors and members.
Two Rivers Gallery extends a commitment to equity and recognizes that structural inequalities create significant barriers to equal opportunity employment. We strongly encourage applications from equity-seeking communities, from individuals who are Gender Diverse, LGBTQ+, Two-Spirit, Indigenous, Black, People of Color, and Persons with Disabilities.
- General upkeep of the shop floor, including rearranging inventory when required and dusting
- Monitoring the visitor services email and either responding or forwarding emails to Olivia or other staff members as required
- Processing the monthly consignment reconciliation (with training if required)
- Working with our Shop Manager to conduct our mid-year and year-end inventory
- Ensure all visitors receive a consistent and engaging experience, in person, online and over the phone
- Preparing for visitors by opening the Gallery and Shop
- Greeting/interacting with customers and assisting them with their needs
- Answering the phone, directing calls, taking messages and handling inquiries
- Acquiring a thorough knowledge of current exhibitions, programming information, Shop merchandise and artisans
- Relaying information to the public over the phone, face to face and by email
- Orientating visitors to the facility
- Taking registrations for public programs offered at the gallery; maintaining registration records and customer relationship database
- Processing sales for the Gallery and Shop including admissions, memberships, and events
- Maintaining records of daily statistics required for Association record keeping
- Maintaining statistical records for members, donors and volunteers on a monthlybasis
- Monitoring activity in the Gallery and security of Shop during shifts
- Cashing out POS system, locking up and securing the Gallery at closing time
- Maintaining an organized display of informational/ promotional materials at the front desk and merchandise in the Shop
- Keeping the front desk and Shop well organized and clean
- Assisting the Executive Director and Public Programs Department with clerical duties and special projects
- Other duties, as required
- Experience in a visitor services or reception capacity
- Computer literacy in relevant point of sale, spreadsheet and word processing systems.
- Teamwork and creativity,
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Friendly and positive attitude and the ability to interact in a high professional manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with others and independently
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Knowledge of and/or interest in visual art
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Serving it Right certificate
- First Aid training
- Visitor Experience wage: $16 / hour
Please send a cover letter and resume to Olivia Beck: email@example.com, Visitor Experience & Membership Manager with the subject line application: Visitor Experience.
We appreciate all applications, however, onlythose selected for an interview will be contacted.